Benefits of Massage
We understand the importance of massage therapy in any persons life, but especially in the ageing population. Let's face it, we all are going to get there at some point! The benefits of massage therapy for seniors include:
- Improved blood and lymph circulation
- Faster healing
- Pain relief
- Restored range of motion and flexibility
- Reduced anxiety, tension and stress
- Relief from depression
- Enhanced immune function
- Promotes relaxation and and a feeling of well-being
- Treatments range from 30 minutes to an hour
- Each session is tailored to the current health condition and needs of the individual
- Massage strokes are comfortable and soothing to the body, technique involves the application of very gentle gliding strokes, friction, kneading and gently tapping movements.
- Older adults often take a combination of medical prescriptions, this can contraindicate treatment. In order to avoid complications and to ensure that massage can be received safely, we encourage full disclosure on our health form and possibly a doctor's approval if necessary.